It is the inspiring Eiffel Tower shape which actually appears on the insignia of this line. The rich brown coloring and tan accents of this brand reminds me and many other fashion-conscious admirers of the Louis Vuitton styling.
Bonjour to the Eiffel Tower and La Tour Eiffel designer handbag. That is a picture of me in front of the Eiffel Tower, taken in February, 2005. We were celebrating our Valentine's Day Anniversary in Paris, France. Gosh, too bad we're divorced today!
Photo Credit: JaguarJulie standing at the foot of The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
Did you know this?
Did you know there was a La Tour Eiffel handbag?
- Yes, sure did!
- Nope ... just finding out.
The Eiffel Tower is a pictorial study of the great structure by acclaimed architectural photographer Lucienne Herv.
Lucienne began photographing the tower in his youth in the 1930s, and continued shooting it until he retired from photography in the 1990s.
A La Tour Eiffel actually has the Eiffel Tower
Isn't this cool? What an interesting item this is!
And, how very appropriate that this was a complement to the La Tour Eiffel brand of handbags. The La Tour Eiffel brand has many styles of handbags that has used the Eiffel Tower as detail on the bags.
This is actually a miniature Eiffel Tower, E-W7866, measuring 7.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches.
It was selling for approximately $65.00, but appears to be sold out!
I bought TWO of these -- I gifted one to a friend who loves Paris, can speak French, and actually taught French. This is definitely a collectible if you love Paris, France, and/or the Eiffel Tower!
La Tour Eiffel Designer Handbag For Sale
You'll find this designer handbag in my eCrater store!
La Tour Eiffel Chocolate and Tan Bow Barrel Handbag With Leather Accents.
I have actually sold one of these fabulous looking barrel bags. Only one is left.
It's tough to part with it, but I know that some designing lady will appreciate the beautiful colors and styling for such a magnificent and affordable price. Hurry before it's gone!
Shop all La Tour Eiffel Handbags on Amazon!
How to clean & maintain your La Tour Eiffel handbag
As with any fine handbag, it is recommended that you always store it in its dustcover--a soft fabric bag--when not in use. Store it in a dry and not warm location. I keep mine in the dustcovers on the upper shelves of my walk-in closet. It's very dry and not hot.
To clean, keep in mind that the La Tour Eiffel brand is usually of mixed composition: fabric and leather or fine vinyl and leather. To clean the leather, carefully apply Leather Therapy -- it is available in a variety of types: water repellant, wash, restorer & conditioner, leather finisher. I've used the wash and restore & conditioner on my fine leather handbags and achieved excellent results.
Eiffel Tower Factoids
- It was built between 1887 and 1889 as the entrance arch for the Exposition Universelle, a World's Fair marking the centennial celebration of the French Revolution.
- At the time of its construction, it was the tallest structure in the world; until 1930, when New York City's Chrysler Building, at 1046 ft., was built.
- The tower stands 986 ft. high, which is about 75 stories. Including the 72 ft. antenna, it's about 81 stories.
- There are 1665 steps to the top of the structure.
- The tower has two restaurants: Altitude 95, on the first floor and the Jules Verne, an expensive gastronomical restaurant on the second floor, with a private elevator.
- The tower received its 200,000,000th guest on November 28, 2002.
- The Eiffel Tower - The official website of the Eiffel Tower.
History: La Tour Eiffel : The Eiffel Tower was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on May 15, 2006. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #377 overall. Lens #26 in the quest for Giant Squid 100 Club Charter Member 2007.