Since my early days of schooling to today, I have had a deep spiritual appreciation for angels. I was once again honored to be an active Squid Angel, flapping my heavenly angel wings from October 13, 2009 to January 3, 2010. I was a SquidAngel Emeritus of two separate terms totaling 8.3 months, until I returned to active squid angel duty on March 5, 2012. My first term at Squid Angeling was a double-header, two terms rolled into one, lasting for nearly 6 straight months. It is really something to see how many lensmasters have actually participated in the SquidAngel program at Squidoo. And, how many lensmasters now actually believe in angels too!
You know, being a Squidoo Squid Angel has been a very meaningful and remarkable experience for me -- something I have taken most seriously. An angel in the true spirit and meaning of the word angel. I have opted to serve again as a Squidoo Squid Angel as I take THAT JOB quite seriously, you know? So, if you are tapped to be a Squidoo Squid Angel, wear those wings proudly as you perform your heavenly duties on earth. Show some humility too; be true to yourself. Be the best that you can be.
Image Credit: "Blessings to You! from Squid Angel JaguarJulie" ~ Angel Wings and Halo credit tagsforkids!
Do YOU Believe in Angels?
There are all kinds of angels who impact our daily lives! So which of these angels do YOU believe in?
- Heavenly angels
- Guardian angels
- Squid angels
- Dark angels
- My significant other is an angel
- None of the above
Jaguar Julie Squid Angel Wordle
Rather an interesting way of looking at Squid Angels ... up close and personal you know. Blessings to YOU, my dear!~ Jaguar Julie Squid Angel Wordle
Do You Believe?
What types of Squid Angels WERE there?
Squid Angels as Hoverers!
- To remain floating, suspended, or fluttering in the air: gulls hovering over the waves or angels hovering over Squidoo lenses!
- To remain or linger in or near a place: hovering around the speaker’s podium.
- To remain in an uncertain state; waver: hovered between anger and remorse.
As you can probably guess, I go for definition #1! And, being new in my role as a Squid Angel, for my first go-around, I described myself as a ‘hoverer.’ It also comes from my Marketing background and strong need for analytical research. You see, I don’t like to jump to any conclusions but require lots of data and lots of research.
It’s after I acquire plenty of empirical research — look at lots of lenses — that I feel empowered to bless them! No willy nilly, mindless blessings. No tit-for-tat, reciprocal types of blessings. No special group of angels working in a block. Just one solitary squid angel blessing one at a time, worthy lenses.
Here’s such a ‘hovering’ Squid Angel … it’s really ME when I was hard at work as a Squid Angel oh so long ago.
Squid Angels as Buglers!
- Music: To sound a bugle.
- To give forth a deep, prolonged sound similar to the bay of a hound.
There are some Squid Angels who will announce their visits and their blessings. Alrightee, I will confess that I have sounded the bugle a couple of times, but I must admit that I found some lenses which warranted a bugle blast!
Squid Angels are Humble!!
MOST, Squid Angels are humble! They understand humility. I'm blonde, but I am humble too! Blessings to you, my dear!
I have only included this one definition, but personally like what it says:
- Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
To have been honored with the responsibility of a Squid Angel, means that these select few members have the powers to bless those lenses which are indeed worthy of blessing.
A Hip Squid Angel
Imagine this fashionable and very hip Squid Angel flying in to bless one of YOUR lenses!
- Yes, we're considering a way to let lensmasters know when their lenses have been blessed or dinged. Right now they don't know unless an Angel tells them. Angels are free to communicate that (or not) in whatever way is most comfortable for them.
- Every Squid Angel makes a difference. If one Angel blesses a lens, the lens gets a small boost. If several Angels bless it, the boost jumps to a new tier.
- The idea is not to form a jury and drive a traditional consensus. That would be an entirely different program. Instead, the idea is to empower you as individuals.
- The Angels group is varied, by design, and I'm betting you'll each browse and bless (or ding) different lenses in a broad range of topics. Then, when diverse opinions from top lensmasters converge naturally in the same place, that's when something really special happens.
- Angels are not required to give editorial reviews of lenses that are posted in the Angels forum. But if they'd like to, they can.
- Nope, Angels won't ding lenses that are still under construction.
- Nope, LensRank doesn't affect your Google traffic or other search engine results.
- Yep, Angels are allowed to bless a few (not all!) of their own lenses. Hey, they're working hard for everyone else, they deserve the same perk.
- The coolest thing I've heard today is that Angels are doing so much more than blessing lenses... they're also adding those lenses to StumbleUpon, Delicious, rating them, etc.
- Compelling Read
- Quality Content
- Great Story
- Great Composition
- Zero Spam Index
- General Audience
AB+ = Blessings to YOU my dear!
What's that mean? Well, AB+ really IS my blood type, but more importantly it means I've left you an "Angel Blessing" + 5 stars > now a big SquidLike!
Victorias Secret Angel with Wings
A Sad Angel of Grief
This beautifully touching photo evokes such a deep level of emotion. The level of grief is palpable. Photo Credit: FeX.
Squid Angel Retired
JaguarJulie is a Squid Angel Emeritus. I served a third term from 10/13/09-01/03/10. That's a total of 8.3 months of Squid Angel meaningful service oh so long ago. I returned to active Squid Angel duty on 03/05/12 and served approximately a one year term before the Squid Angel program was retired.
Lend me an ear, kind soul ...
Blessings to you my dear! Always a Squid Angel "at heart" willing to lend a kind ear! Having a rough day? Needing to vent? OK, I don't do confessions nor can I forgive you, but I certainly can lend you my ear! Tell me about it .
History: Squid Angel : Blessings to YOU! was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on March 12, 2008. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #56 overall. This was a top lens with 27 days on the Top 100 list. Lens #311 in the quest for Giant Squid 400 Club.