Sunday, August 24, 2014

Crochet Designs

Crochet Designs in Crochet Fashion. Fashionable, Trendy Handcrafted Wearable Art! Popularized by Grandmothers, Crochet Designs are fashionable and trendy today.

crochet knit hat art poster
Crochet designs can be seen in clothing, accessories, and jewelry as beautiful handcrafted, wearable art. It's also trendy in home decor, home furnishings and furniture.

I have been a fan of crochet and crochet designs since I was a young designer in Cleveland, Ohio. I was crochet before crochet became a cool phenomenon on the internet.

I am thankful for all the talented crochet artisans out there whom I have found and bought from on Etsy!

It was my grandma Julia Nagy who first taught me how to crochet. Yes, grandmothers can be thanked for first popularizing crochet and crochet designs. Thank you grandma!

Photo Credit: Crochet Knit Cloche Hat Giclee Print.

Do you love crochet designs?
Is crochet a hobby of yours? And, did your grandmother teach you?
  • Yes, and grandma taught me too!
  • It's a hobby I taught myself.
  • Nope -- not into it!
jaguarjulie and grandma julia nagy
Grandma Julia Nagy taught me how to crochet!
Her crochet designs were amazing!

Grandmothers popularized crochet!

Grandmothers certainly did their share to popularize crochet designs.

Today, crochet designs in so many items is quite trendy! I'm happy to say that it is a bit of a resurgence of a by-gone era. Now is your opportunity to get in on the craze for handcrafted wearable art!

I'm pretty sure most people know what crochet is; but, just in case, I've included more info in my article to quickly get you up to speed on this wonderful handcrafted art!

crochet bag by grandma linda deal
A beautiful handcrafted crochet designs bag
Specially made by Squidoo lensmaster grandma_deal. One of my friends on Squidoo, grandma_deal is a masterful crocheter who crochets hats for the homeless. She’s written lenses about her crocheting hats and earth-friendly crochet shopping bags.

When I visited her crocheted bags lens, I was interested in getting some for myself to give as gifts. I asked her if she could do them in teal. She found the perfect color for a Jaguars fan! Linda crocheted 6 large earth-friendly shopping bags and one cute smaller bag with pretty dragonfly charms.

crochet handbag by emma rose
Crochet handbag by Emma Rose - This is the Emma Rose, a “Knot Again Satchel” in Sand.

The crochet detailing is quite nice for the unbelievable price of under $70.00.

I spotted this on Plazatoo, but I’ve seen many a crochet or hand-crocheted handbag on the net including a cutie by Juicy Couture.

Crochet design earrings by Ben-Amun
Crochet design earrings by Ben-Amun - I’ve seen lots of earrings sporting the crochet look.

These are pretty cool.

These are from the Ben-Amun brand by Isaac Manevitz and would only set you back about $60.00 for a bit of hand-crocheted jewelry.

Crochet design bracelet by Karina Matias
Crochet design bracelet by Karina Matias - When I spotted this hand-crocheted cutie for only $24.00, I knew it wouldn’t be around for long.

I spotted it at the Karina Matias Accessories website, but if you look on Etsy, you probably will find many indie designers sporting handcrafted crochet.

This is a very cute and adorable crochet bracelet in beige color. The bracelet is adorned with cetin, flower and wood color beads. Adjustable cord to tie in the back.

Crochet designs necklace by Echo Design
Crochet designs necklace by Echo Design - This is an absolutely yummy floral crochet necklace. I love the color too.

It’s 100% cotton. I found it at Echo Design. Adorn your neck with Echo’s fresh take on jewelry.

You can comfortably wear this lightweight, adjustable crochet necklace even on the hottest summer days. On sale at only $28.00!

Crochet pencil skirt by Julie Haus
Crochet pencil skirt by Julie Haus - Have you heard of Julie Haus?

I love all her cute tops.

This is a pretty lace overlay pencil skirt with side bows and cotton crochet lace over silk with satin bow ties. It’s lined. Dry Clean Only.

It was $253.00 and was on sale for $151.00 from Julie Haus.

Think about all those hours that go into hand-crocheting an article of clothing like this fashionable skirt! Well worth the investment.

Crochet top by Catherine Malandrino
Crochet top by Catherine Malandrino - The designer Catherine Malandrino creates pieces that brings out the most of a woman’s femininity while also incorporating cutting-edge style concepts.

As is always the case, God is indeed in the details with this season’s creations of ethnic-inspired embroidery, crochet, and lacy insets.

I found this beautiful feminine top over at Revolve Clothing. You can find tops that are entirely hand-crocheted, or have crochet trim; it makes for a piece of wearable art!

Crochet tank dress by Diane von Furstenberg
Crochet tank dress by Diane von Furstenberg - Ah, this is exquisite–something that I covet!

Yes, Diane von Furstenberg continues to produce classic collectible clothing like this beauty.

I originally spotted this for $425.00 at net-a-porter, but I believe it sold right out.

It’s a gold crochet knit with keyhole opening on back. It has a scalloped trim, a visible nude lining and falls above the knee.

Crochet wine glass coasters
Crochet wine glass coasters - These particular coasters look just like something grandma taught me to crochet!

I originally spotted these at Etsy, but they appear to have sold like gangbusters.

But, you know what? IMHO, this is just the type of item to learn how to crochet with. I know you can do it!

Crochet pillow
Crochet pillow - OMG! I don’t know if I dare tell you what the price is on this pillow; you just won’t believe it.

I spotted this at World Market for only $9.99!

It’s the Java Pillow with Crocheted Flower. Decorative flower power is back in a big way this spring. Rich, java brown pillow showcases crocheted flowers in a complementary red clay and orange. 100% cotton with poly fill. Spot clean.

Crochet lampshade - This is another item that would be a cool crafting project.

It’s a crochet bell lampshade that I spotted in white and green.

I found it at Bytrico, a Japanese site.

I'm thinking you could use that crochet pattern and also use it to make a wine bottle cover or perhaps a toilet paper roll cover?

Crochet rabbit rattle by Anne-Claire Petit
Crochet rabbit rattle by Anne-Claire Petit - OMG! This is truly adorable and so well-made.

If you haven’t heard of Anne-Claire Petit, you owe it to yourself to check out her beautiful hand-crochet designs.

They out to be collectibles! This is a bunny rabbit loop rattle with a hidden bell inside.

I found it at Stork Gifts on sale at £12.99. Each time I look at this crochet rattle, I want one!!

Crochet light carpet by Johanna Hyrkäs
Crochet light carpet by Johanna Hyrkäs - OMG … I love love love love love love love this!

It’s crochet, it’s a light, it’s a carpet … WOW! Can I buy one???

The concept of the Light Carpet was born from a simple idea: to combine a lamp and a carpet. The result is a light rope inside of a crocheted case made with any kind of suitable thread. Hyrkäs is constantly experimenting with different materials. But the result is always the same: a carpet that gives light.

Johanna Hyrkäs is a Finnish architect and artist. She is part of Anteeksi (which means “excuse me” or “I’m sorry” in Finnish) design collective.

Crochet table by Marcel Wanders
Crochet table by Marcel Wanders - Drumroll please … now, for something truly spectacular!

It’s the crochet table by Marcel Wanders, designed originally in 2001 and manufactured by Moooi. It looks just like crochet!

It’s cotton and epoxy.

I’ve seen it at a few sites such as Generate, Moss Online, Twenty Twenty One, and Vivid Rotterdam.

If you got to have one, you’ll need to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. It comes in two sizes: 30 x 30 x 30 cm (h x w x d) Euro $790; 30 x 60 x 30 cm (h x w x d) Euro $1300.

The Crochet Designs Fan Club!
Do you crochet or collect it? We are accepting fans today. Simply take a moment to comment and tell us what you love or remember about crochet! Can you crochet and do you? Did your grandma teach you? Do you love it?

Crochet Designs : Crochet Fashion was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on August 4, 2007. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #3,680 overall. Lens #49 in the quest for Giant Squid 100 Club Charter Member 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment