Saturday, August 23, 2014

Giving Thanks

Giving Thanks : Each and Every Day! What are you thankful for today? Giving Thanks each and every day is a noble thought! Especially at Thanksgiving!

jack and jill giving thanks art poster
Stop a minute and think about this! Are you expressing your gratitude each and every day. What are you thankful for today? Who have you thanked? Who would you like to thank? Think about giving thanks each and every day!

I stopped for a moment today thanks to a fellow lensmaster who suggested that I do a focused page on "What is Thanksgiving?" I am thankful each and every day! Especially at Thanksgiving! I think about Thanksgiving as a time for giving thanks.

This is YOUR opportunity my friend! Reach out and meaningfully touch those friends and family members and maybe even a stranger in need of some love. Let's all express our gratitude today for a more loving and peaceful word of coexistence.

It sure does warm the cockles of my heart to see so many people expressing thankfulness online - in Forums, on Twitter, on Facebook and yes, even in blog posts! I have warm fuzzies to think that people are thinking of others and expressing gratitude for other people. Thank YOU very much! What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: Thanksgiving Grace - Jack and Jill, November 1960.

A Quick Poll on Giving Thanks!
Short and sweet and more importantly, to the point. Are you open to giving thanks?
  • I am open to it each and every day!
  • I am thankful, but don't always take time to say so.
  • I am a bit shy about it.
  • Thanksgiving is a special time for expressing gratitude! 

You know, as you get older, you are more grateful for a lot of things. It seems trite to say it, but you are happy to be alive, in good health, and have a roof over your head.

If your parents are still with you, it's important that they know how appreciative you have been for all that they have given you. My mom is still with us, but we don't know for how much longer. I have been more than a little grateful that she got to experience my unique writing on Squidoo. That lasted a little over eight years; from March 21, 2006 to the end of August, 2014. For all of my life, she kept telling me to publish that book.

Whilst I have yet to write a "book," I feel like I have already done that here on this platform. Why not take this opportunity to express it for yourselves? --JaguarJulie

What are YOU Thankful for?
Please add your ideas in the comment section. We heard from a lot of folks, and the most popular submissions are:
  • Mom and dad for bringing us into this world
  • God for the gift of salvation
  • God for having created us in his likeness
  • Grandparents for their unconditional love
  • My son and daughter every day
  • Giving thanks that I woke up this morning

Thanks!: How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier - There is a science to it!

They show that "wanting what we have" can truly make an impact on people's lives.

Scientifically speaking, regular grateful thinking can increase happiness by as much as 25 percent, while keeping a gratitude journal for as little as three weeks results in better sleep and more energy.

I appreciate all of your kindnesses! Personally, I am thankful for so much. Have you stopped for a moment today to reflect and think about it? Showing someone how thankful you are? Reaching out to share a little kindness?

History: Giving Thanks Each and Every Day was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on October 8, 2009. On December 20, 2010 this lens earned the Squidoo Purple Star Award for quality content. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #146 overall. Lens #507 in the quest for Giant Squid 600 Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment