Friday, August 29, 2014

Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts

Starbucks vs. Dunkin’ Donuts Debate : The Coffee Wars. Coffee wars : Starbucks vs Dunkin' Donuts! Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts Coffee for you? Welcome to the topicable debate of Starbucks vs Dunkin' Donuts -- Coffee Wars! Do you prefer Starbucks or do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts coffee?

starbucks coffee sleeves
I was just reading that Susan Gunelius wrote a blog post about this very lens topic. It seems that Dunkin' Donuts sponsored the research study through A&G Research to return the conclusion that more "hard working Americans" prefer Dunkin' Donuts coffee over Starbucks. Well, you don't get any more 'hard working' than JaguarJulie. And, JaguarJulie thinks Starbucks has the best coffee.

My ex-hubby was always telling me that Dunkin' Donuts is the Starbucks of the Northeast. I don't know about that as I haven't visited the Northeast lately ... how about you? Starbucks OR Dunkin' Donuts?

So you want a good cup of coffee or a donut? For me, it's a good cup of coffee and it's 5 STARS for Starbucks!

Photo Credit: The Starbucks logo coffee sleeves photographed by JaguarJulie.

Are You a Coffee Drinker?
Do you get started on coffee daily? Please register your vote!
  1. I drink coffee several times a day!
  2. I drink coffee only in the mornings.
  3. I drink coffee in the afternoon.
  4. I enjoy espresso at dinner time.
  5. I am into tea!
  6. None of the above.
 Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts : Coffee Debate

Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts debate


Why Coffee?

Especially these two well-known brands?

cat drinking out of starbucks coffee mug
Would you believe that I started drinking coffee when I was about ten years old? At that time, there weren’t any Starbucks coffee shops. And, it was usually just a good old cup of java – nothing fancy except do you want it black or with cream and sugar.

I’ve also drunk my java with a little cream and some popular sweetener, not sugar. It seemed that was the only way I could start my day – and normally, I went for the stronger brews.

In the beginning, I remember Maxwell House, Folgers, and Chase & Sanborn. Sometimes, grandma would serve the instant which never tasted right. Other times, she had the old electric percolator brewing.

The first time I had a cup of Starbucks coffee I thought it was interesting tasting and rather strong. Later, in my coffee drinking life, I learned to compare other coffees to that taste. In the end, I found Dunkin’ Donuts was a bit too mild for my tastebuds. I always kept coming back to Starbucks.

How about you?

Are you a Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan? Be heard!

Starbucks Links
  1. Starbucks Homepage - Starbucks Coffee Company is the leading retailer, roaster and brand of specialty coffee in the world. The Company's other brands enhance the Starbucks ...
  2. Starbucks Beverages & Food Details - That's why Starbucks offers a little of everything to match your mood and lifestyle. ... 2008 Starbucks Corporation.
  3. Starbucks Store Locator - At your Starbucks Explore the Starbucks calendar for programs in your corner of the world - from live music and art displays, to volunteering or a coffee ...
Dunkin Donuts Links
  1. The Dunkin' Difference - It's all the delicious details that make Dunkin' Donuts a daily ritual for millions of people. Serving nearly a billion cups of rich and smooth coffee each ...
Books You Might Love
  1. The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary
  2. Leading the Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customers, Your Products and Your People
  3. It's Not About the Coffee: Lessons on Putting People First from a Life at Starbucks
  4. More Than Coffee: The Secrets of Starbucks' Success (Best Business Books Book 23)
  5. Time to Make the Donuts

History: Starbucks vs. Dunkin’ Donuts : Coffee Wars was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on February 27, 2008. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #169 overall. Lens #300 in the quest for Giant Squid 300 Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment