Thursday, August 28, 2014

Touched by an Angel

Being touched by an angel in your daily life can be absolutely heavenly! You can count yourself blessed if you have been touched by an angel. There are heavenly angels and then there are earthly angels. From my earliest days in Catholic school I first learned about Heaven and heavenly angels. That set the stage for my journey through a spiritual life.

How appropriate that I settled into the "friendly community" of Squidoo which has put me in touch with earthly angels better known as Squid Angels.

It was a distinct honor and privilege to serve the Squidoo community in the positive role of Squid Angel for two separate terms totaling 8.3 months of "angelic" humble service. Did you know that I returned to Squid Angel active duty on March 5, 2012? Yes, now you may be touched by a squid angel :: me!

Once upon a time, there were a handful of squid angels. You could find those squid angels flying here and there worldwide.

Thanks to the power of Squidoo, you too got to see angels, squid angels, in your daily life. Let's take a moment to stop and reflect on all that angelic activity once upon a time. Blessings to you my dear!

Photo Credit: Detail of the Sistine Madonna, c.1514 Art Print by Raphael

Have YOU Been Touched by an Angel?
Please take a moment to cast thy vote! Have you been blessed by an angel?
  • I am touched by an angel daily!
  • I have been touched by a heavenly angel.
  • I have been touched by a Squid Angel no less!
  • I was a Squid Angel and have been touched.
  • I am agnostic and do not believe in angels.

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." -- The Bible


An Angel Poem
Someone is Calling YOU an Angel by Henry Rollins - With a slight edit to suit our angelic audience
Somewhere someone is thinking of you.
Someone is calling you an angel.
This person is using celestial colors to paint your image.
Someone is making you into a  vision
So beautiful that it can only live in the mind.
Someone is thinking of the way your breath
Escapes your lips when you are touched.
How your eyes close and your jaw tightens with concentration
As you give pleasure a home.
These thoughts are saving a life somewhere right now.
Someone is calling out to you silently and

You are answering without even being there.
So crystalline. So pure.
Such life saving power when you smile.
You will never know how you have cauterized my wounds.
So sad that we will never touch.
How it hurts me to know that I will never
Be able to give you everything I have.
–by Henry Rollins

"Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared." --The Bible

Touched by an Angel -- Heavenly Poetry by Maya Angelou
Such a heavenly angel poem along with a reading!

We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love’s light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.
–by Maya Angelou

Reach For the Stars!

I will walk with you … believe you me, I will walk with you!

Blessings to YOU my dear!
I consider myself blessed each and every day. I believe my grandmother Julia Nagy is there by my side as a heavenly angel, guiding me in my daily journey on this earth! Have you been touched by an angel? I know we were often blessed by squid angels on the platform Squidoo. But, what about out there in life?

History: Touched by an Angel : Heavenly! was originally created on Squidoo by JaguarJulie on October 6, 2009. Highest lensrank ever achieved: #9,432 overall. Lens #504 in the quest for Giant Squid 600 Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment